1.1 Application of this Policy
This policy concerns Personal Information which:
(a) You provide to Us when You communicate with Us through the Website; and
(b) We collects from You when You access the Website.
1.2 Collection of website usage information
(b) When You access the Website Our system will record:
(1) The time and date of Your visit to the Website;
(2) What parts of the Website You visit;
(3) How long You spend on any page of the Website;
(4) How many times You visit the Website; and
(5) Which domain (country) You are visiting from.
This information does not identify You personally and will not be matched with any information which does identify You personally.
(1) Where You go when You leave the Website; or
(2) Your Personal Information
(d) You can configure Your browser to reject Cookies. Rejecting Cookies will not restrict Your access to the Website in any way.
(e) We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through the Website as part of the process of improving the Website.
1.3 Collection of Personal Information
(a) You can visit the Website without revealing any Personal Information.
(b) We may request Personal Information from You when You:
(1) Provide feedback on the Website
(2) Enter a competition from the Website
(3) Contact Us through the Website;
(4) Join an Our mailing list
(c) Where We wish to collect Personal Information about You (such as Your name, contact information or other personal information) via the Internet, We will expressly ask You for that Personal Information and explain the purpose for which We are requesting the information (eg. to add You to Our mailing list).
1.4 Use of Personal Information
(1) to provide You with information about products that may be of interest to You, unless You have previously advised Us that You do not wish to be contacted for those purposes;
(2) purposes relating to market research within the Pacific Brands Group;
(3) purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of the Website; and
(4) where We suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in.
(b) Any time We personally sends You promotional material, We will give You the choice to opt-out of receiving further promotional material.
(d) We do not usually reveal Your Personal Information to persons or entities outside of the Pacific Brands Group. However, although such situations are rare, We may disclose Your Personal Information to third parties in any of the following circumstances:
(1) where an investigation of fraud or unlawful activity has been or is being conducted by Us and the information is disclosed to relevant persons or authorities; or
(2) where the disclosure is required or authorised by law; or
(3) where We believes that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of its functions; or
(4) for the preparation for or the conduct of legal proceedings or for the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
1.5 Handling Your Email
(a) We will preserve the content of any email that You send to Us, if We believe that We have a legal requirement to do so.
(c) Your email message content may be monitored by Our service providers or employees for trouble shooting and maintenance purposes or where email abuse is suspected.
1.6 How to access the information we hold about you
If You require access to any Personal Information which We hold about You, please e-mail email@example.com or contact Us by mail at GPO BOX 2370, Hawthorn LPO, Hawthorn, Victoria, 3122, Australia. We will require proof of Your identity before providing access to Your Personal Information. An access fee may be charged to cover out costs of providing that information to you.
We may refuse access where required or authorised by law to do so. Examples of when this may occur include:
(a) where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
(b) if the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
(c) where the information relates to legal proceedings between You and Us, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings. We will provide reasons to You if We refuse to provide access to or correct Your Personal Information.
We take reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information that We hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while We strives to protect such information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information You transmit to us and You do so at Your own risk. Once Your Personal Information comes into Our possession, We will take reasonable steps to protect that information as described.
1.8 Adherence to principles
(a) If at any time You believe that We have not adhered to these principles or have any other comments on these principles, please notify Us by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at GPO BOX 2370, Hawthorn LPO, Hawthorn, Victoria, 3122, Australia.
(b) We will use all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with the matter.
Date of Publication – 16/8/2011.