At Pacific Brands we have developed our own standards that align to the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Base Code.
The Base Code makes provision for the following nine criteria:
- Employment is freely chosen the use of forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour is strictly prohibited
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
The Company has also been a member of Sedex since 2009, which is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains. Being the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data, we actively encourage suppliers to provide their compliance reports on Sedex as this provides greater transparency and more efficient sharing of information between Brands.
View our policies on the following: